PLANT DESIGN & OPTIMIZATION USING PDOENGINE®
Delta has completed the development of its advanced PDOengine® that will assist the Delta engineering team in the design, modelling, and simulation of efficient CO2 capture, solvent reclaimer, and gas processing systems.
PDOengine™ is a proprietary design and diagnostic software algorithm that scales plant equipment, predicts the performance of CO2 capture, optimizes the operation of CO2 capture and gas treatment, petrochemical, oil and gas industries.
- Process design,
- Optimum allocation of scarce resources,
- Equipment and unit operations sizing,
- Sensitivity analysis,
- Process troubleshooting, debottlenecking, optimization, and
- Optimizing solvent reclaimer systems.
The rigorous models used by Delta’s team are based on in-house developed models and proven commercial programs engineered to perform the above applications. Depending on the application, the models could take into consideration the coupling between mass transfer, energy transfer, momentum transfer, chemical equilibrium and/or chemical kinetics. These more efficient techniques allow us to design CO2 capture, gas processing and solvent reclaimer systems that are more energy efficient, while simultaneously reducing capital and operating costs.
Efficient and cost-effective is what the market is now looking for. The PDOengine® is the heart of our LCDesign CO2 Capture System™; our process design advantage gives us the competitive lead in the CO2 capture, solvent reclaimer, and gas processing design market today.
OUR PEDIGREE OF INNOVATION
InnoTech Calgary CO2 Capture Plant
- Delta’s CO2 Capture Technology was competitively selected to provide the CO2 for the NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE competition.
- Installed at the Enmax Sheppard NG fired power plant.
- Delta and construction partners, built and commissioned the CO2 capture plant which included integrated solvent reclaiming technology.
- Delta is supporting InnoTech in operating, optimizing, and supervising the CO2 capture technologies evaluation test campaigns, which are planned after the XPRIZE competition concludes.